Friday, September 01, 2006

-a perfect conclusion to a hilarious start-

one fateful night last week, i had a breathtaking encounter with bb.

my day started out with an accident. a funny incident really. a perfect proof that karma exists. just when i found myself laughing at my roomie's antic, i found myself falling... fast... hard... on my knees.let me expound. it was raining hard that morning. hard but quick. soon after we boarded the shuttle, it was reduced to a mere drizzle. a perfect setting for my fall. hehehe =D when we alighted from the shuttle, my roomie took out her umbrella.she was trying to open it to no avail. she looked really funny. holding up the still-folded umbrella, getting spots on her dress 'coz of the drizzle. i was laughing at her secretly. silently. my eyes twinkling with amusement. focused on her, i didn't notice the gap on the pavement. whoooosh... i found myself on my knees, arms spread out on the wet pavement. a simple yet perfect illustration of karma. or how fast karma strikes. although my knees were throbbing and I was blushing with embarrassment, i found myself laughing because deep inside, i knew that it was meant to be a lesson.

i must have done really well that day because I was immensely rewarded that night. going home, we took bus 131 from the office to SMU because it was already late. there was no more free shuttle service. it was by chance that we boarded the same bus that "uncle" did. in all the "uncle-s" we have here in singa, he's our favorite. he blends coffee real well in our fave cafe (killiney's) at marina. he's our favorite because not only is he funny but he also gives that "extra" boost in our coffee. just so you know, we always order kopi-c. short for coffee with evaporated milk and sugar. hhhmm... yummy. i said that uncle gives that "extra" boost in our coffee because of 2 things. first, he always adds lots of extra milk. needless to say "uncle, many many su-su (milk)", he generously pours milk into our cup. second, he loves his job. he obviously does. he mixes our coffee smiling, his head shaking right-and-left, as if dancing. these are the reasons why we love our coffee from killiney's marina so much. comparably plain and cheap yet when uncle prepares it with such passion, he brings out the best in the coffee beans.

now you wonder, why am i delighted with my encounter with uncle in bus 131?you see, he no longer mixes our coffee whenever we go to killiney's at lunch time. we learned that he was on leave. then we never saw him again after that. so much to our dismay, we found the quality of coffee depreciate. now that we saw uncle again, we asked him where he worked. he said he still works for killiney's marina, but his shift changed. his shift starts at 3pm. yey! good news for us. we just needed to change the timing of our coffee break. =D

my rewards didn't stop here. we alighted from bus 131 at SMU bus stop and boarded bus 145. another boring bus ride. little did i know that my head will be reeling and my heart will be beating with such intensity ... thud-thud-thud ... all the way home. i sat opposite bb!!!!!! i wasn't exactly seated opposite him. not really. i was just exaggerating for effect. hehehe actually, i was seated behind the seat opposite him. =D but still!!!! the fact is, i saw bb once again!!!!!for the longest time, i've been waiting in vain for him to board bus 130 on mornings. not sure if i posted this on my previous blogs but one unfateful day, he just stopped riding bus 130 at 8:15 in the morning. =(i found myself losing the determination to wake up early, no more frantic mornings to catch the 8:15 bus ride. * blame it on the rain... yeah yeah... blame it on the stars that shine at night...*hahaha here i go blaming it on him... when in fact it just gets harder and harder to get up early each paaaasssssssing singa day =D heheheanyway, i have this theory that he moved from balestier to some far away place and that he's now living with his girl friend. but alas! for this first time in my life, i've never been happier to be proven wrong. so there! back to the ride of my life. promise! i didn't mean to sit where i sat that night. was it serendipity? a serendipitious night. hahaha whatever. i was just happy... soooo happy with capital H-A-P-P-Y that i got to see bb again. and mind you, that's "see" with capital S-E-E. haaaay he was so cute that night. he was wearing black shirt & jeans. so manly. he had colds though. poor him. i swear! if only i had enough courage, i would have offerred him some kleenex. hahaha but nwys, he was seriously reading. listening to music. snuffling. hhhmm... now that i'm writing this, could he have been crying? while reading the book? that's why he's snuffling? could it be?? hahahawell if he were, plus points for him. just goes to show he's sensitive. hahahaha isn't it amazing how some negative trait can turn out positive just because you like somebody? nwy, back to my story. when i realized that he was seated opposite him, i didn't know what to do. how should i act? where should i look? should i sit straight? slouch? should i just look aloof? act as if i don't care. haaaaay funny me! as if he cares. although... and i'm sure this is just me thinking ... he did notice me. hahahaha =D he looked up when he drank water, then just as he was about to go back to reading, he looked at my direction... and then, for just a fleeting moment... he looked at me!!! he actually looked at me!!!! haaaaaaay that made my day. so... now i can say with such conviction that ... the bus ride home that night wasn't boring at all! it was in fact, breathtaking. simply sublime.

now i find myself thinking, what did i do right that day to be rewarded so generously? to be filled with immense happiness and hope?or maybe... it's not what i did right. it's what i do right. it's how i perceive things that makes my day perfect all the time. again, a perfect conclusion to a hilarious start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home