Saturday, October 21, 2006

of love & vanilla skies

last night was my 1st time to attend teaching nights in sfc sg. as we were beginning our discussion, noemie shared with me a couple of verses from 1 Corinthians 13. It's one of her fave verses. after reading it, i realized that it was one of my old-time favorites as well. I read these verses in my bro's wedding, a definition of what love is.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

if i go by this definition of love, then i can't say that i have already truly loved someone. this definition is hard to live by, but it's a challenge that i am willing to take. my previous relationship wasn't perfect, in fact it ended almost abruptly. but as sophia said in vanilla sky, every minute, every passing minute is a chance to change one's life.

now that i have grieved over my lost love, i'm ready to take on the challenge to start living again. i'm hopeful that my next relationship will be so much better than my first as i am comparably a better person now.

cheers to love & to vanilla skies.

1 Comments:

At 10/21/2006 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right now, I don't see any vanilla skies. Here in SG, its been hazy skies for the past few weeks. Perhaps our lovelife is like that too. The only difference is that its been like that not for weeks but for years,hahahaha (for me at least). When love, (as described in Corinthians) finally arrives, we'll have, not only vanilla skies but also strawberry, chocolate, pistachio skies.hehehe. yum yum! Then we'll know its worth the wait.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home